March 5, 2014

March has arrived, and I'm looking south!

Its March here in Michigan. Which means its could be 30 below with 20 feet of snow, or like a couple years ago hitting 80's. I'm not complaining too much on the cold and snow, you kind of get used to it. But the 80's will be nice. So I'm heading south. In a little over a week, March 14 I will be spending the weekend at the Lexington Comic Con. I'm super excited about this show. I had to back out of their first one because of a scheduling conflict and this year is the first year I can make it there and set up in their Artist Alley. If you haven't checkout out their site, I have a link on my website BrettPinson.com that you can click through to get all the particulars including ticket prices and directions. If you do come out, please make it a point to stop by and say hi and hopefully pick up a comic or some art work from me. So what's new with me? lately just been getting ready for these shows. I'm still working on finishing issue 3 of Boomtown Scabs. I decided to delay it until May so I didn't feel rushed and not be happy with it. I should have more info the beginning of April, so keep watching. The Oscars were this past weekend. I've always enjoyed watching the Oscars, and except for a few years, I usually enjoy it. I have to say it was one of the best Oscar telecasts and I was really impressed with how they presented the Memorial segment. In the last several years they made it more about who was singing during it and doing all kinds of sweeping camera movements. This year you couldn't hear the audience clap for those they like which is how I like it. Its a time to reflect and they allowed it this year by not having the singing during it and putting the placards of those they honored on the screen making it easy to see and read. I hope they keep it up from now on. Well that's what I have right now. Check out my website brettpinson.com Your Pal, Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment